Thursday, April 14, 2011

Right Back Up In Ya! The return of Fear The Beard!


What good is a brewing blog if you never brew?  I feel the same way.  Well ladies and gentlemen I am pleased to announce that this is no longer the case.  I have returned to both the world of amateur brew science, and my signature payment of homage to the greatest closer of all time (who by the way just closed out his second game in two nights).
Fear The Beard Ingredients!
Now back to the beer.  Feeling slightly jilted after the last beer disaster, and strapped for cash-flow, my brewing life has been on hold.  After many sleepless nights, and some careful financial planning, I have returned to the creation of magical alcoholic elixirs.  

This beer has been brewed before, and with successful results (at least that is what I have been told), but I wanted more.  The first recipe used a German yeast, which made a German-style hefeweizen.  While German hefe tastes great, it usually has a strong banana and clove flavor to it.  With this incarnation I wanted to create something closer to a Widmer Hefeweizen.  In order to achieve this, I am using an American-Hefeweizen yeast strain, as well as a few other tweaks (such as adding flour to create a cloudier beer).  Saaz, Liberty, and a few Sterling hops were utilized to round out the beer, and terrano blood oranges provided the citrusy goodness.
Pre-Boil Tea!
Finished Product!
In all, the brew session was successful, and I am excited to try the new variation in a few weeks.  Hopefully my next brewing update will be much sooner than my last.  Cheers to you B Willy!

3 comments:

  1. Like most types of plastic surgery, rhinoplasty surgery involves surgery related and facility fees and how much rhinoplasty cost depends upon cost of the facility or operating room may also vary depending on the center chosen and it usually ranges from $500 to $1,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beer has been brewed before, and with successful results (at least that is what I have been told), but I wanted more. The first recipe used a German yeast, which made a German-style hefeweizen. While German hefe tastes great, it usually has a strong banana and clove flavor to it.
    The stylish dog poop waste bags that make cleaning up after your dog a little bit better. Buy Biodegradable dog waste bags on wholesale price.u can see all details on
    Dog Waste Bag..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use your roots to empower you and help you succeed in whatever you are currently doing. With this thought in mind, the following is a list of things to remember, embrace, and ponder upon while you are living your big Texan dream.forklift training

    ReplyDelete